Westover Hills Church is a thriving Assemblies of God Church located in a rapidly growing area in the northwest part of San Antonio, Texas. Since its founding 35 years ago, the church has steadily grown to be a strong influence in the community with an ethnically diverse church body. We have English and Spanish language congregations and are planning to build two new campuses in the near future.
Our mission is “Making New and Making Great!” This means we are focused on leading people to a new life in Christ and helping them experience the great life that comes with loving and serving God. We do this through an intentional strategy of helping people connect, grow, and serve.
The Creative Director has overall responsibility to provide leadership and direction for all creative needs across the church. A key focus should be on digital impact, creatively connecting with the unchurched and de-churched families within the community to help them begin a path of Making New & Making Great. This includes creative innovation for the future to extend Westover’s ministry into a digital platform. This position will have direct oversight for multiple teams of staff and volunteers and will champion the spirit of creativity throughout all functions of the church. Additional focus areas are providing direction for Westover’s digital presence, internal and external communications, marketing, and public relations.
We want someone to join our team who has proven experience leading teams and is ready for the challenge of building something from the ground up. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to develop and implement organizational strategies, train and develop staff and volunteer leaders, and supervise others effectively.
Our new Creative Director should have an evident passion for serving God, a vibrant personality, and love developing others! Pastoral experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Provide consistent, excellent, reliable, and productive services to congregants, ministry volunteers and leaders, appropriately extending the vision/mission and heart of Westover Hills Church.
- Increase and sustain online engagement.
- Leverage social media to tell the story of God’s transforming power in the life of people through our church.
- Implement the vision for Westover’s creative brand with input from the Lead Pastor and Lead Team.
- Leverage the creative skills of staff and volunteers and inspire others to share brilliant ideas, apply their unique skills, and participate in the creative ingenuity of the church.
- Lead our Creative Team of staff and volunteers to implement the creative strategy.
- Lead the creative processes by which ideas flow from concept to execution.
- Serve as a conduit between the ministries at our church and the Creative Team.
- Build robust volunteer teams within the Creative Ministry.
- Provide direction for Westover’s digital presence, internal and external communications, marketing, and public relations.
- Plan and produce current, compelling, and engaging content through the Creative Team.
- Support the creative design and production elements for message series, online services, weekend services, and special events, including graphics, video, etc.
- Lead the ongoing development, design, and function of the church website and app.
- Create an engaging community and impactful content through social media platforms.
- Oversee all communications, including print graphics, website management, and social media, maintaining consistency of branding across all formats.
- Provide direction, guidance, and support to staff and volunteers in producing digital, print, and written communications and content.
- Collaborate in all phases of weekend service and special event production, including all message development, media, graphic, and technical aspects from concept development through production.
- Stay current on emerging trends in ministry, marketing, technology and design.
- Provide leadership and supervise the management of the digital strategy of Westover Hills Church to engage the community and advance people in their spiritual journey through digital means.
- Manage and build the Westover brand across digital platforms with the goal of connecting to an unchurched audience.
- Develop ministry strategies across the organization to extend ministry in a digital first concept.
- Analyze customer and user data to inform strategy decisions for the organization.
- Create standards for the planning, execution, optimization, distribution, and amplification of Westover experiences (weekend, outreach, ministry specific) through online channels.
- Collaborate with and provide direction to ministries on how to maximize their online presence.
- Create an approved budget and ministry strategies for all digital platforms and ensure ministry initiatives are within the approved budget for each fiscal year.
- Ensure care needs for the Creative teams are met which include hospital visitation, prayer requests, personal occasions, and other situations involving ministry volunteers.
- Maintain spiritual relationship with the Lord. Use wisdom and spiritual discernment in assessing individuals’ needs and requests.
- Faithfully pray for Lead Pastors, Pastors and Directors, church staff, and church family.
- Complete various assignments, duties, and projects unique to the Creative Team.
- Serving on a church staff places a person in a ministry context. This necessitates personal integrity, moral godliness, spiritual attitude, a serving heart, and spiritual excellence. (Eph. 4:25-32; 5:1-7, 15-18; Phil. 4:8-9; 2:14; Gal. 5:19-21)
- Extend the heart and spirit of the church, and ultimately the Lead Pastor.
- Respond with respect, loyalty, confidentiality, compassion, and care.
- As a representative of the church both during specified work hours and personal time, model and guard Westover Hills culture in word and deed, fully supporting the values and ministry initiatives above personal preferences.
- Model and foster high standards of excellence, efficiency, and professionalism.
- Possess a comprehensive overview of values, strategies, ministries, culture, and vision/mission and advance departmental accountability.
- Anticipate challenges and navigate volunteers and/or staff through transitions and change.
- Be a leader of leaders with the proven ability to equip leaders.
- Demonstrate experience leading teams toward measurable goals.
- Be humble, teachable and both welcome and invite feedback.
- Be a team player and work well with others.
- Demonstrate the ability to be creative and do what is needed to accomplish the mission.
- Prefer a fast and flexible work environment.
- Demonstrate a history of financial generosity in the local church, including current year.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Ministry, Communications, Creative Arts, or related field.
- 3 years serving in a ministry environment.
- Send us links to any documents/sites/digital media that will give us an understanding of the type of work you’ve done in the past.
- Share with us any personality profiles you have taken (Strength Finders, DiSC, etc…).
- Tell us about your Enneagram profile. Click here to discover it: www.9types.com/rheti/.